If youíre searching for a Pit Bull terrier puppy but are unsure about where to look for one, this is an important article for you to read. Many people are afraid to ask questions when they speak with breeders and this is the first hurdle that you need to get over. It is vital for you to ask questions when you are speaking with different breeders. Below is a list that Iíve created of some very important things you should look for and ask of the Pit Bull terrier breeders youíre considering doing business with.
1. Does the breeder breed several different types of dogs? This can often be a red flag and you should try to stick with breeders who only work with American Pit Bull Terriers.
2. A responsible Pit Bull breeder will be able to tell you the negative characteristics and health issues of his breeding line and also what he has done over the years to improve that aspect of his dogs.
3. Can the breeder thoroughly explain to you how he selects dogs for breeding and what characteristics they will most likely throw?
4. How often does the breeder have litters of puppies? Breeders who have many, many litters each year may not be a good choice.
5. Is the breeder involved with Pit Bulls on a larger scale than just breeding them?.
6. Does the breeder keep in touch with those who have purchased puppies from him? Breeders who sell pups and then have no idea where they end up should be avoided.
7. Where does the breeder keep his puppies at before they are sold? Are they well socialized?
There are many other things that you coul-
d ask the Pit Bull breeders that you speak with, however the above list will give you an excellent start and greatly improve the chances that youíll end up with an excellent Pit Bull terrier puppy.